The Best Car Seat Stroller Combo Reviews
- 1 What is a Car Seat Stroller Combo?
- 2 Do You Need a Car Seat Stroller Combo?
- 3 What Should You Look for Before Buying the Best Car Seat and Stroller Combo for Your Family?
- 4 Top Rated Car Seat Stroller Combo Reviews
- 4.1 BOB Motion Travel System
- 4.2 Britax 2016 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel System
- 4.3 Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- 4.4 Graco FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect Travel System
- 5 Which One Should You Buy?
What is a Car Seat Stroller Combo?
A car seat stroller combo consists of basically just three things, a stroller, a compatible infant car seat and a car seat base. The infant car seat is very useful and essential because it makes putting your baby in and out of the car and the stroller a breeze. They are typically rear-facing when installed onto a car seat, but face the front when snapped onto a stroller. While you are driving, your baby sleeps comfortably in the car seat and you don’t even have to wake him/her up at the end of the drive as you can simply unlock the seat and move it onto your stroller with your baby in it. This is why a car seat stroller combo makes for the perfect baby travel system.
|Name||Image||Stroller Weight (lbs)||Car Seat Weight (lbs)||Combined Weight (lbs)||My Rating|
|BOB Motion Travel System||23||9.8||32.8||5|
|Britax 2016 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel System||18||9||27||5|
|Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System||23||9.9||32.9||4.7|
|Graco FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect Travel System||21.5||11||32.5||4.8|
|Graco Aire3 Click Connect Travel System||22||14.2||36.2||4.5|
|Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Connect Travel System||19.1||11||30.1||4.6|
|Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System||27||14||41||4.2|
Do You Need a Car Seat Stroller Combo?
Baby car seats are a must have if you plan to drive around with your newborn in the car as they make the ride both safer and more comfortable for your child. You will definitely appreciate the speed with which you can just remove your kid from the car and put him/her in the warm stroller during the winter. Also, the satisfaction of not having to wake up your sleeping baby at the end of the ride is priceless.
Now the question is, should you buy your infant car seat and your stroller separately, or should you go for the best infant car seat stroller combo?
If you do not have a stroller already, I would suggest that you buy a proper infant travel system for the following reasons:
- It saves you from the hassles of finding a car seat that’s compatible with the stroller of your choice and vice versa.
- It will save you some money as well, because car seat stroller combo units are often sold at a discounted price and will cost more if bought separately. Not to mention, they invariably also include the required seat base.
- Since the stroller and the infant car seat are sold in a combo, they will definitely be compatible with each other rather than if the two were separately bought products.
What Should You Look for Before Buying the Best Car Seat and Stroller Combo for Your Family?
Before you purchase a car seat and stroller combo, here are a few things you should consider:
- Although every car seat and stroller combo from reputed manufacturers will only be available for purchase after passing the mandatory safety standards, you can always look for the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association or JPMA seal of approval to make sure that it’s a safe product.
- A 5-point harness system with padded straps is desirable on the infant car seat. Also, the straps should be adjustable because your baby will grow, and grow fast!
- The baby car seat should be appropriately sized in comparison to your car; you would not want a car seat that’s designed for an SUV when you plan to install it in your compact automobile.
- Depending on your lifestyle and your budget, the stroller in the combo pack could be a jogging stroller, a compact umbrella stroller or an all-terrain beast with ample suspensions and the latest features. Set your priorities and then choose wisely. If your daily routine requires you to load and unload both the stroller and the infant car seat from your car often, I would personally suggest buying a lightweight car seat stroller combo to make things easier.
- Choose a travel system with 3-wheels if you must stroll your baby through narrow spaces, or navigate through crowded spaces. A massive 4-wheel stroller won’t provide you with such maneuverability, but will definitely provide better stability, along with the freedom of strolling over minor road bumps and rough-terrain without your child feeling it (unless of course if you have a 3-wheel jogging or an all-terrain stroller).
Top Rated Car Seat Stroller Combo Reviews
In order to make your search for the best baby car seat combo much easier, go through the following list of excellent infant travel systems.
BOB Motion Travel System
The combo consists of the BOB Motion stroller and the BOB B-Safe infant car seat by Britax. Together, they are one of the best car seat and stroller combo options around. Although the Motion is not exactly meant for jogging, the four high-impact polymer wheels with pneumatic tires can handle the occasional off-road stroll quite well. The Click & Go adapters make it easy to fit in the B-Safe car seat and taking it out isn’t an issue either.
What I like about the B-Safe by Britax
- Physics based Side Impact Protection to distribute the force of impact.
- 5-point harness system with padding and yes, it’s adjustable.
- It has a belly pad, a pillow and shoulder pads.
- The base is adjustable and offers five different positions.
- Extendable canopy with complete weather protection.
- Wider than the B-Safe 35, thus it can be used for a longer period of time.
What I don’t like about the B-Safe by Britax
- It isn’t as feature rich or as protective as the B-Safe 35.
- The latches are on the side of the car seat, which requires both hands at the same time while unlocking and therefore, you cannot hold onto the handle during the process.
What I like about the BOB Motion stroller
- It weighs just 23 lbs, making the entire travel system an excellent lightweight car seat stroller combo.
- Easily foldable with even a single hand.
- Adjustable and cushioned handlebar for parents of varying height.
- Four wheels with good suspension that makes travelling over the occasional bumps and cracks undemanding.
- Twin footbrakes on the rear tires.
- Big basket for storing your diaper bag and anything else up to 10 lbs.
What I don’t like about the BOB Motion stroller
- Although it is subjective, some parents may find the stroller to be a bit on the heavier side.
- The tires might be prone to going flat.
Britax 2016 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel System
This Britax car seat stroller combo comprises of the 2016 B-Agile 3 stroller and the B-Safe 35 infant car seat. As per most car seat stroller combo reviews, it is one of the top products in this category. The seat can carry children up to 35 lbs (4 lbs being the minimum weight) and is 32-inches. The B-Agile 3 can carry up to 55 lbs in child weight and together, the whole travel system weighs in at roughly 27 lbs.
What I like about the B-Safe 35 infant car seat
- A number of added safety measures for your child including SafeCell Impact Protection, Side Impact Protection and an Impact-Absorbing base.
- Easy to release lower latch connectors that make connecting and disconnecting the seat inside your car and your stroller convenient.
- Particularly large canopy.
- Adjustable recline.
- The harness is adjustable and can be released easily just by pressing a single button.
What I don’t like about the B-Safe 35 infant car seat
- As your child grows, the sides may start to become an increasingly squishy on his/her little shoulders.
- Heavier than most other infant car seats; not really ideal for carrying around frequently.
What I like about the 2016 B-Agile 3
- At just 18 lbs, it’s really light.
- Easily foldable with just one hand.
- The 3-wheel system makes it perfect for squeezing through tight spaces and narrow doorways.
- Front swivel wheels offer maneuverability when you have to make tight corners.
What I don’t like about the 2016 B-Agile 3 stroller
- Adding to the woes of us tall parents, the handle bar is not adjustable.
- Does not have a footrest unfortunately.
- It isn’t designed to handle bumps or potholes very well.
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
This one comprises of the KeyFit 30 infant car seat and the Bravo stroller. The 3-in-1 travel system makes it to our list of the best baby car seat and stroller combo selections because of how well the two go together. The car seat can carry from 4 lbs minimum to 30 lbs maximum and the Bravo stroller can accommodate a child up to 50 lbs. Since the KeyFit 30 is very easy to install and remove from the stroller, your child can use both the baby seat and the stroller during those intermediate months.
What I like about the KeyFit 30 infant car seat
- Protection from side impact through the use of foam that absorbs shock force.
- It has a 5-point harness that’s truly well padded and your baby will love it.
- The included car seat base takes literally minutes to set up properly.
- Unlike a lot of the other car seats, the KeyFit isn’t that heavy and can be carried without great effort.
- I really liked the padded infant inserts, and your baby will probably love it too.
What I don’t like about the KeyFit 30 infant car seat
- There have been reports of the canopy not opening properly and getting stuck.
What I like about the Chicco Bravo stroller
- It acts as a car seat carrier and a full-fledged stroller at the same time.
- The folding is easy and it stands on its own after folding.
- I am really fond of the adjustable handle bar which also provides a proper grip.
- Most parents will find the Bravo to be light, considering that it’s a stand-alone stroller as well.
- Includes a parent console.
- The storage basket underneath is really big.
- Easy to push, especially on pavement.
What I don’t like about the Chicco Bravo Stroller
- The swivelling of the front wheels leaves a lot to be desired.
- The fabric used is not of the best quality.
- Some parents will find the stroller too heavy for regular use.
Graco FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect Travel System
The FastAction Fold Sport forms a superb duo with the Graco SnugRide to make for a fabulous travel system. Sold as a car seat and stroller combo by Graco itself, the FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect is quite light at only 32.5 lbs (including the car seat). Nonetheless, the SnugRide seat can carry infants from 4 lbs to kids up to 35 lbs, while the stroller’s maximum capacity is 50 lbs in toddler weight.
What I like about the SnugRide Click Connect 35 infant car seat
- It weighs just 11 lbs and that’s seriously lightweight!
- Meets all the US safety standards including US Standard FMVSS 213.
- Compatible with all Graco Click Connect stroller models, so if you need to buy a different stroller in the future, you are covered as long as it’s “Click Connect.”
- Removable head support is included.
- 5-point harness that’s adjustable from the front and I appreciate the convenience.
- The seat base is easy to install and reclines at different angles and so does the seat.
- Cleaning is easy.
What I don’t like about the SnugRide Click Connect 35 infant car seat
- The harness can become a bit too “snug” or tight for newborn babies.
- The material used inside may not be ideal for hot climates as it can make the baby sweat.
What I like about the FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect stroller
- The infant stroller without car seat weighs just 21.5 lbs and that’s quite acceptable.
- Although the FastAction Fold Sport is not a jogging stroller, there is ample suspension and the front swivel wheel can be locked for a fast, yet smooth ride for your child.
- Includes a parent’s tray and cup holders, as well as a child’s tray and child’s cup holders.
- Fast and convenient, one step fold.
- Being a Click Connect stroller, it accepts the Click Connect car seat like it should.
What I don’t like about the FastAction Fold Sport Click Connect stroller
- Definitely not meant for parents who are taller than 6-feet, thanks to the fixed, low-height handle bar.
- In spite of the folding process being simple, the unfolding requires both hands and quite a bit off effort.
Which One Should You Buy?
As mentioned earlier, finding the best infant car seat and stroller combo is all about knowing what you want and what are the features that would benefit you and your baby the most. Are you a working mom in the city? If yes, try the Britax 2016 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel System, because you will like the lightweight 3-wheeler setup that will help you get through narrow spaces and make quick turns with ease. The BOB Motion Travel System on the other hand offers much better shock-proofing and stability which allows you and your baby to stroll over rough terrain and pavements alike. Which one did you like the most?
Categorised in: Blog