What Are the Best Car Seats Compatible with BOB Strollers?
Finding a stroller can be frustrating. However, once you’ve settled on one, it can be exciting. Following the purchase of a stroller is usually the purchase of a car seat. Infant car seats can be safe and convenient as they give you somewhere to keep your baby when you’re out of the house and they can let your sleeping baby stay asleep. They also have the additional option of connecting to strollers. This can be nice as you can place a car seat, which can be heavy and cumbersome, in the stroller which will then allow you to push your sleeping baby instead of carrying them.
One brand of strollers that is compatible with car seats is BOB. BOB strollers such as the BOB Revolution Flex not only connect with car seats, but they also connect with multiple brands which means that you can use your Britax and Chicco seat with your BOB stroller. BOB strollers are compatible with car seats with the purchase of a removable adapter.
|Name||Image||Weight (lbs)||Weight Capacity (lbs)||My Rating|
|Chicco Keyfit 30||9.6 lbs (w/out base) / 17.15 lbs. – Assembled Weight||Rear facing up to 30 lbs||5|
|Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat||15.2 lbs||Rear facing 4-40 lbs/ Forward facing 20-65 lbs||4.8|
|Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35 Infant Car Seat with base||9.5 lbs||Rear Facing: 4-35 lbs||4.7|
|Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat||28.5 lbs||Rear facing 5-40 lbs/Forward facing 20-65 lbs||5|
What is an Adapter?
- 1 What is an Adapter?
- 2 Different Types of Car Seats for BOB Strollers
- 3 Things to Consider When Choosing a Car Seat That is Compatible With BOB Strollers
- 4 Top Car Seats Compatible With BOB Strollers
- 5 Conclusion
An adapter is a device that connects to an object which allows the object to connect with other items. Many strollers offer a device that allows a car seat to be connected to the stroller. BOB strollers can be compatible with car seats with an adapter that can be purchased separately. The BOB adapter is made of metal and it attaches to the stroller which allows for a car seat to attach. Each adapter is made for a specific brand. Some of the brands that the adapters cover are Chicco, Britax, Graco, and Peg Perego. The number of car seat brands that can connect to BOB strollers gives you many options to choose from when looking for a car seat that is compatible with BOB strollers.
Here are a few car seat adapters for BOB strollers:
For Britax and BOB Infant Car Seats:
For Graco Car Seats:
Be sure to check if the exact car seat model you’re looking to use with your BOB stroller is supported by the adapter.
Different Types of Car Seats for BOB Strollers
There are numerous styles of car seats meant to cater to children. The styles depend on the weight of the child as a newborn has different needs than an 8 year old. The car seats that are compatible with BOB strollers are only infant seats. Other car seats are not meant to be uninstalled from the car and placed on a stroller. Infant seats come with mechanism on the bottom that allows them to hook on or connect with a compatible stroller. BOB strollers have adapters that hold the car seat in place as opposed to the car seat hooking in place.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Car Seat That is Compatible With BOB Strollers
When looking for an infant seat that is compatible with a BOB stroller, it is very important to consider the brand of the car seat and if there is an available BOB adapter for the infant seat. BOB adapters cater to Peg Perego, Chicco, Britax, and Graco as well as a couple other brands. If you are shopping for an infant seat that is compatible with a BOB stroller, stick to the brands that work with the BOB adapters.
You will also want to consider the weight of your child and how long you plan to keep them rear facing in their car seat. Rear facing is the safest orientation in a vehicle so it is ideal for your child to remain rear facing for as long as their car seat allows. Some car seats have low weight limits which means you would need to switch their orientation early while other car seats have a high weight limit which means that your child could remain rear facing.
You should consider if you want a convertible car seat which is a car seat that can be converted from an infant seat to a five-point-harness forward facing orientation. This advantage means that you have two car seats in one. Consider the weight of the seat as heavy seats may be difficult to lift into the stroller and also consider the design of the seat as each seat offers unique features. When choosing an infant seat, it is important to consider these factors as it will help you narrow down your choices. It is also important to look at the available features and the pros and cons of each seat. Here are some infant seats that are compatible with BOB strollers:
Top Car Seats Compatible With BOB Strollers
Chicco Keyfit 30
This infant car seat offers easy installation, removable newborn head and body supports, as well as a base that is designed to stay in the car which makes removing the seat simple and easy. This seat is designed to protect your child while also offering an attractive style. With a BOB adapter, this seat is compatible with BOB strollers.
Rear Facing: Up to 30 pounds
- Weighing just 17 pounds, this seat can easily be transferred from car to stroller.
- At only 17 inches wide, this seat would work well in a small car or in a car with multiple car seats in a row.
- This seat meets or exceeds all federal safety standards.
- This seat also includes ReclineSure spring-loaded leveling foot and two RideRight bubble level-indicators which ensures that the seat is properly installed every time.
- With Premium LATCH connectors and SuperCinch one-pull tightener, this seat is easy to install.
- This seat comes with an adjustable canopy to shield your little one from the sun.
- The weight limit is 30 pounds while other seats have a much higher weight limit. You will have to purchase a new seat much sooner than other available car seats.
- This seat only has one available orientation so you will have to purchase a forward facing car seat once your child outgrows the rear facing position.
Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
This convertible car seat converts from an infant seat to a forward facing five-point-harness seat so you get two seats in one. This seat includes a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows you to adjust the harness with one hand and the harness never needs re-threading. Also included is a one-hand adjustable headrest that has 8 available positions to grow with your child.
Rear Facing: 5-40 pounds
Forward Facing: 20-65 pounds
- This convertible car seat caters to both infants and toddlers so it’s like buying two car seats.
- The weight limit for rear facing is 40 pounds which means your child can be rear facing for an extended period of time.
- The weight limit for forward facing is 65 pounds which means you can leave your child in a safer five-point-harness for longer.
- Easy to adjust harness and headrest allows the seat to grow with your child.
- Not only does this seat meet or exceed federal safety standards but it was also side impact tested.
- The cup holder is integrated into the design of the seat which saves room and makes the seat more compact.
- At nearly 21 inches wide, this seat may not be the best choice for those with a small car or multiple car seats.
- This seat does not convert to a booster seat which means you will have to purchase a separate booster seat once your child outgrows the seat.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35
This infant car seat allows your child to remain rear facing up to 35 pounds. The seat includes a base which makes taking the seat in and out of a vehicle as simple as pushing a button. This attractive car seat includes a dual stage padding system that allows your infant to sit comfortably throughout the use of the car seat.
Rear Facing: 5-35 pounds
- This infant car seat allows your child to remain rear facing up to 35 pounds.
- The padding in the seat is made of fresco jersey breathable fabric which will keep your baby cool in warm weather.
- The five-point-harness adjust to six different positions to accommodate your growing child.
- Rethreading is not required to adjust the harness which prevents the task of having to take the seat apart in order to adjust the straps.
- An easy snap-on base makes it simple to move the seat from vehicle to stroller.
- This seat only caters to small babies so you will have to purchase another seat once they reach the weight limit.
- The price of this seat is higher than other available seats so it may be out of reach for some families.
This convertible car seat allows for rear facing up to 40 pounds and forward facing up to 65 pounds. As a 2-in-1 car seat, this seat can accommodate an infant as well as a toddler. This seat includes click-tight technology for installation that is both safe and easy. The harness and headrest both adjust to the size of your growing child.
Rear Facing: 5-40 pounds
Forward Facing: 20-65 pounds
- With a high weight limit for both rear facing and forward facing, your child will be able to remain in the safest position for a longer period of time.
- Click tight technology simplifies installation and ensures that the seat is installed properly every time.
- Adjust the headrest with the push of a button to 12 available heights to serve your growing child.
- This seat meets or exceeds all federal safety standards and includes SafeCell Impact Protection.
- Change the height of the seat with the push of a button. You will never have to rethread the harness.
- At 28.5 pounds, this seat is quite heavy and may be difficult to lift onto a BOB stroller.
- This seat does not come with a base so you have to reinstall this seat each time you remove it from the vehicle.
BOB offers an adapter that can work with multiple brands of car seats. Mixing and matching your own travel system gives you the ability to choose the best car seat instead of being stuck with the seat that comes with a stroller. Once you have narrowed down the brands that BOB adapters work with, you can then search for a seat within those brands. These brands have great car seats that offer protection, style and convenience. Having a car seat that hooks onto a stroller can be a blessing when you travel or run errands. BOB offers multiple adapters that work with multiple car seat brands so you have plenty of options to choose from when searching for a car seat that is compatible with BOB strollers.
Categorised in: Blog