What is the Best Stroller for a One Year Old?
As your baby grows into a toddler, you may find yourself in the market for a stroller. Maybe your one-year-old has outgrown their baby sling or you have found a stroller to be necessary when it wasn’t before. Having a one-year-old that knows how to walk can be fun; however, it can be stressful to bring a toddling child to the mall as they may run off or walk too slow. Having a stroller for this age will give your growing child somewhere to sit and a safe place for them to relax while you run errands or go for a walk.
A stroller can also serve as a place to keep your belongings and a place to store your drink. Strollers give the security of knowing where your child is at while also allowing you the freedom to roam around when you otherwise wouldn’t be able to. Short legs grow tired very quickly and a stroller can extend your trip by allowing your active toddler to rest.
Different Types of Strollers
- 1 Different Types of Strollers
- 2 Things To Consider When Choosing a Stroller
- 3 Top Affordable Strollers for a One Year Old
- 3.1 Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System
- 3.2 Schwinn Interval Jogging Stroller
- 3.3 Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
- 3.4 Disney Umbrella Stroller with Canopy
- 4 Conclusion
There are several different types of strollers. Some are bigger but offer more features while others offer fewer features but are travel-friendly. Typically, there 4 different styles of strollers and parents have the option of purchasing the following:
- A full-size stroller such as the Graco LiteRider Click Connect Stroller which offers the most features
- A jogging stroller such as the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller which is ideal for hiking or jogging
- An umbrella stroller such as the UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller which is ideal for traveling
- A lightweight stroller such as the Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller which is a combination of a full-size stroller and an umbrella stroller
Each stroller style offers unique features that cater to different activities and lifestyles. Every family is different so the style of stroller they purchase varies with their lifestyle, needs, storage space, and other factors. Before purchasing a stroller, always consider what your needs are which will help you determine which style of stroller you should be looking at.
Things To Consider When Choosing a Stroller
When shopping for a stroller, there are several things to consider. The first question to ask yourself is what you plan to do with the stroller. Will you be taking it on vacation or on an airplane? If so, a lightweight stroller or an umbrella stroller might be the ideal stroller for your family. Will you be jogging with the stroller? A jogging stroller is made to accompany you on the trail and nearly any terrain. Will you be shopping? A full-size stroller might be the best stroller for your family because they typically offer larger storage baskets. Your answers to these questions will help you determine which style stroller you should be shopping for. It is possible to need a stroller for various reasons which is why purchasing multiple strollers may be beneficial for your family.
Another thing to consider which may help determine which style of stroller you should purchase is where you plan to store the stroller. If your storage is limited, purchasing an umbrella or lightweight stroller may be ideal. Also, consider how long you intend to use the stroller. Like car seats, strollers have weight limits and some allow for extended use while others are only suitable for small children. Lastly, consider the features you prefer to have. Maybe you require a cargo area for your purse or possibly you may need all terrain wheels. These are all important things to consider when shopping for a stroller for a one-year-old.
Strollers come in a variety of styles and each one caters to different activities. The features available are usually dictated by the style of stroller; however, each specific stroller is different. Shopping for a stroller can feel overwhelming but with some research, you can easily find your ideal stroller. Finding the perfect stroller for your family may take some work, but it will be worth it once you have found a stroller. There are various styles and brands, so let’s see if we can find the best stroller for your one-year-old.
Also consider the drawbacks of each stroller. While full-size strollers offer more storage, they are also bulkier and more difficult to store. Umbrella strollers are light and compact but offer virtually no storage or additional accessories. Jogging strollers are great for hiking or jogging but like full-size strollers, they too are heavy and difficult to store. Lightweight strollers often have the features of full-size strollers but with a more compact design so they may be more suitable for your lifestyle.
Top Affordable Strollers for a One Year Old
Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System
Like most full-size strollers, this stroller is sold as a travel system which means it includes a car seat. This stroller can accommodate children up to 50 pounds and it has a five point harness system that adjusts with a growing child. The stroller includes a tray for toys or snacks as well as a large cargo basket beneath the seat where you can store shopping bags.
Birth to 50 pounds
- There is a peek-a-boo window that allows you to peek in on your child.
- There is padding and head support which will give your child a comfortable ride.
- This stroller has a large storage basket which can hold your belongings and a diaper bag.
- An easy one-hand fold makes it simple to fold up for storage.
- The handle is height adjustable which means you can personalize the height of the stroller to accommodate your height and reach for more comfortable use.
- There is a covered parent tray and two deep cup holders which are perfect for your keys or a drink.
- The seat reclines to multiple positions which will allow your sleeping child to rest comfortably.
- This stroller is sold in a set so you may end up purchasing a car seat that your child has already outgrown.
- Like all full-size strollers, this stroller is bulky. It folds flat, but it still requires a lot of space for storage when not in use or while traveling.
Schwinn Interval Jogging Stroller
This jogging stroller is ready to join you on your next jog. The air-filled, bicycle-style wheels are prepared for any terrain and the pivoting front wheel locks in place so you can transition from jogging to strolling. With a basket to hold your belongings and a parent tray, this stroller is ready to join you wherever you go whether it’s a jog in the park or a stroll through the mall.
15 to 50 pounds
- The handle is adjustable to 4 different positions which will give you a customized comfortable fit.
- An extra-large retractable canopy shields your child from the elements and with UPF protection of 50+, your child will be given protection from the sun’s rays.
- A storage basket is located beneath the seat so you can store your belongings while you go for a jog.
- Performance shocks gives your child a smooth ride regardless of the terrain.
- The polished wheel ball bearings reduce rolling resistance which makes this stroller easy to push.
- The tires are air-filled making them easy to fill and they have a better grip on the road as opposed to plastic wheels.
- A swivel wheel up front gives you excellent control while jogging or you could easily lock it in place if you decide to walk.
- Similar to a full-size stroller, this jogging stroller folds but it is still heavy and bulky which may make it difficult to carry and store.
Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
As a lightweight stroller, this stroller is designed to give you the features of a full-sized stroller with a lighter frame. A canopy protects your child from the sun and a five-point-harness keeps them safely strapped in. Wheel brakes can be easily applied with your foot and the compact fold makes it easy to store and ideal for travel. Weighing just 12.5 pounds, this lightweight stroller is perfect for out of town trips or even a walk in the park.
The ability to sit up unassisted which is typically around 9 months old and 18 pounds to 50 pounds
- The handle comes with comfort grip which makes it more comfortable to push around.
- There is a storage basket beneath the seat to stow away your belongings.
- A large canopy shields your child from the wind, rain, and sun.
- This lightweight stroller folds up easily into a compact size which makes it perfect for travel and storage.
- A five-point-harness gives your child a safe and comfortable seat.
- This stroller comes with two adult cup holders.
- Technically, the seat does recline, however, it only reclines 4 inches while other styles and models can recline all the way back.
- The handles do not adjust so this may not be a good fit for parents that are very short or very tall.
Disney Umbrella Stroller with Canopy
This umbrella stroller weighs only 8.2 pounds and umbrella folds into a compact shape which is easy to carry, store and move. This umbrella stroller is perfect for a baseball game in the park or a vacation at the beach. Your little one can sit safely in the seat with the three-point-harness and a canopy will shield them from the elements. Best of all, this stroller is relatively cheap!
The ability to sit up unassisted which is typically around 9 months old and 18 pounds to 40 pounds
- This umbrella stroller weighs only 8.2 pounds which means you can easily carry it with one hand.
- The compact fold of the stroller makes it easy to store and it won’t take up a lot of space in your trunk.
- This stroller includes a canopy which will shield your child from the sun.
- A three-point-harness will keep your child in the stroller and prevent them from slipping out.
- Comfort grip handles will be easy on your hands as you push your child.
- There are no cup holders, pockets, trays, or baskets for storage.
- The handles are not adjustable which may make the stroller to short or too tall for some parents.
There are various styles of strollers to suit a one-year-old. Each style caters to different lifestyles and activities. Having a stroller gives your child a place to rest and it will allow you to go more places as it gives your family more mobility. When you are in the market for a stroller, it is important to identify your needs as each stroller style is unique. Determine what features are important to you; how much storage you need and how often you will use the stroller will help you find out which stroller style suits your family. Purchasing a stroller can feel overwhelming, however, with research and information, you can easily narrow down your options and find the ideal stroller for your family.
Categorised in: Blog