BOB Stroller Comparison: Why BOB?
BOB or B.O.B is an abbreviation for “Beast of Burden.” True to their company name, each product that BOB makes is durable, tough and built with the best materials. If you have heard about BOB, then you know that they specialize in manufacturing rugged all-terrain strollers that are particularly suitable to handle the rough outdoors which are designed for active parents, who love to go on a jog with their little one. As one would expect from a company that designs most of their products with the adventurous parents in mind, BOB strollers are sturdy and stylish buggies that offer some of the best tires and suspension systems in the business.
If I had to pick a BOB stroller, my top pick would be the BOB Revolution Flex stroller which also comes as a double.
Even though almost every BOB is a performance stroller, capable of doing more than your average buggy, there are differences. For example, the 2016 Revolution Flex is an excellent all-terrain jogging stroller, but it cannot beat the 2016 Sport Utility Stroller when it comes to jogging or hiking. The latter was not built to be an all purpose jack-of-all trades, but was designed to be the master stroller when it comes to outdoor activities. However, it is limited in its ability to be used as a daily stroller because of its size and the fixed front wheel, as opposed to the 2016 Flex, which can also be used as a regular stroller, thanks to its front swivel wheel.
Similarly, different BOB strollers cater to different needs and therefore, it is crucial that you compare BOB strollers with each other before deciding which one will suit your needs the most. In order to help you with that, we have designed a BOB stroller comparison table to make things easier for you.
|Model||Weight||Maximum Weight Capacity||Type||Handlebar Height||Width||Comments|
|2016 Revolution Pro||30.5 lbs/ 13.8 kg||75 lbs/34 kgs (including luggage)||All-terrain jogger||Adjustable in between 34.5” – 48”/ 87.6cm – 122cm||25.4”/ 64.5cm||Rear handbrakes (drum)|
|2016 Revolution Flex||28.5 lbs/ 12.9 kgs||75 lbs/34 kgs (including luggage)||All-terrain jogger||Adjustable in between 34.5” – 48”/ 87.6cm – 122cm||25.4”/ 64.5cm||Lighter than the 2016 Pro|
|2016 Revolution Pro Duallie||36 lbs/ 16.3 kgs||100lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage)with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||All-terrain jogger||Adjustable in between 33.5” – 50.5”/ 85cm – 128.3cm||30.5”/ 77.5cm||Rear handbrakes (drum)|
|2016 Revolution Flex Duallie||33.1 lbs/ 15 kgs||100 lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage) with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||All-terrain jogger||Adjustable in between 33.5” – 50.5”/ 85cm – 128.3cm||30.5”/ 77.5cm||Lighter than the 2016 Pro Duallie|
|2016 Stroller Strides Duallie||33.1 lbs/ 15 kgs||100lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage)with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||All-terrain jogger||Adjustable in between 33.5” – 50.5”/ 85cm – 128.3cm||30.5”/ 77.5cm||Includes fitness kit|
|Revolution SE||25 lbs/ 11.34 kgs||70 lbs/ 31.75 kgs (including luggage)||All-terrain jogger||Fixed at 40”/ 102cm||25.5”/ 65cm||Lightweight|
|Stroller Strides Fitness Stroller||26 lbs/ 11.75 kgs||70 lbs/ 31.75 kgs (including luggage)||All-terrain jogger||Fixed at 40”/ 102cm||25.5”/ 65cm||Includes Stroller Strides Fitness Kit|
|Revolution SE Duallie||34 lbs/ 15.3 kgs||100lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage)with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||All-terrain jogger||Fixed at 40”/ 102cm||30.5”/ 77.5cm|
|2016 Ironman||27 lbs/ 10.6 kgs||75 lbs/ 34 kgs (including luggage)||Jogger/runner||Adjustable in between 35” – 48.5”/ 88.9cm – 123.2cm||24”/ 61cm||Designed as a running/jogging stroller (front wheel doesn't swivel)|
|2016 Ironman Duallie||33.1 lbs/ 15 kgs||100lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage)with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||Jogger/ runner||Adjustable in between 34” – 51”/ 86.4cm – 129.5cm||30.6”/ 77.7cm||Designed as a running/jogging stroller (front wheel doesn't swivel)|
|2016 Sport Utility Stroller||28.6 lbs/ 13 kgs||75 lbs/ 34 kgs (including luggage)||Jogger/ runner/ off-road hiking||Adjustable in between 35” – 48.5”/ 88.9cm – 123.2cm||26”/ 66cm||3 equally huge knobby tires and a fixed front wheel|
|2016 Sport Utility Stroller Duallie||29.7 lbs/ 16 kgs||100lbs/ 45.4 kgs (including luggage)with 50 lbs/ 22.7 kgs per seat||Jogger/ runner/ off-road hiking||Adjustable in between 34” – 51”/ 86.4cm – 129.5cm||30.6”/ 77.7cm||3 equally huge knobby tires and a fixed front wheel|
|Motion||23 lbs/ 10 kgs||76lbs/ 34.5 kgs (including luggage)||Regular stroller for daily use||Fixed at 42”/ 106.7cm||21.8”55.3cm||The slimmest BOB stroller|
BOB’s Best Strollers
Just to make your BOB stroller selection even easier, we are now going to introduce to you to a few selected strollers from BOB’s arsenal that we think are the best. Read on to find out which one will be the best choice for you.
The Revolution SE is the most popular BOB single stroller available in the market. Barring only the Motion (which isn’t a jogging or an all-terrain unit), the SE is also the lightest at only 25 lbs. The slim all-terrain jogger sports a lockable swivelling front wheel and big air-filled tires at the back to keep your child comfortable across all terrain and even while you two go on a jog together.
- Sturdy, durable build with a strong steel frame
- The swivel front wheel allows for amazing maneuverability
- Uses one of the best suspension systems in the market
- Lightweight and easy to push across pavements, mall floors or rough, off-road terrain
- Sufficient storage options in the form of a large basket underneath the seat and pockets at the back of the seat
- The two-step fold is an easy one and it’s even easier to unfold
- The fixed handle is disappointing as it does not cater to parents of all height like the more recent BOB models.
- Hardly any accessories are included in the package.
- It doesn’t have a handbrake, which makes it tough to control while on a slope.
The 2016 Ironman stroller is simply the best BOB stroller when it comes to pure speed. When we are talking about the Ironman, we really mean the term “running” because this runner/jogger is built for those parents who love their fitness and want to enjoy the company of their child while they are at it. It has a fixed front wheel, 16” pneumatic tires with wheels made out of aluminium alloy at the back and a handbrake to keep you in control even while rolling over a slope.
- Pushing takes virtually zero effort
- Very soft seat which ensures that your baby isn’t feeling any of the jerks associated with speedy strolling
- Compact fold and easy to store, considering that it is a jogger
- Although this is NOT an all-terrain stroller, the huge wheels do a fantastic job of keeping the ride comfy for your child, even at high speeds
- Adjustable and cushioned handlebar that offers 9 positions for parents of varying heights to choose from
- The level of stability provided by the fixed front wheel during fast paced strolls is amazing and simply impossible for a lockable swivel wheel to mimic
- For added security, it has both a handbrake and a wrist strap, so that you never lose control
- The size and the fixed wheel makes it unsuitable for daily or general usage
- Even though the Ironman can handle potholes, occasional cracks and small rocks or other debris on the road without any problem, it will not be able to withstand the rougher off-road terrain for too long
It doesn’t come tougher than the Sport Utility Stroller from BOB, as this beast can handle anything you throw at it. Not only can it be used for jogging/running and for going off the paved road, but you can actually use it to take your kid on a hiking trip. It has three huge 16” tires with enough treads on them to provide strong grip and dependable control to you, even while trekking through uneven and slippery ground. The front wheel is fixed for greater stability and it has one of the best suspension systems in use for strollers today.
- The polymer wheels and the knobby pneumatic tires are extremely rugged and provides excellent grip, as well as great suspension
- Fixed front wheel adds to the steadiness of the ride for your child inside the stroller
- Although it isn’t the lightest, the Sports Utility stroller is still lighter than most all purpose strollers from other manufacturers
- Adjustable handlebar that goes as high as 48.5-inches
- The canopy is designed to extend fully, thus covering the baby completely when needed is a breeze
- Adjustable 5-point harness makes sure that your child never falls out of the stroller even if it tips
- Includes wrist straps for added control and a footbrake for parking
- The soft, cushy seat is perfect for keeping your precious baby comfortable even when the terrain gets tough
- It’s a big unit and the fold isn’t particularly an easy one
- If you remove the front wheel, it can take a lot of time to reinstall it again due to the design of the brake calliper
- Since it has a fixed front wheel, it is not suited everyday use
The BOB Motion is the only stroller in the company’s arsenal that isn’t an all-terrain or a jogger, but it sports the same sturdy build in a much more compact form. The lightweight aluminium frame and the 21.8-inch width makes the Motion a perfect everyday stroller for parents in the city. The Motion features air-filled tires and a good suspension system to handle bumpy roads and maybe even some light off-road strolling.
- Compact, slim and lightweight; designed to be strolled through tight and narrow spaces with ease
- Adjustable handle bar and adjustable 5-point harness
- Two front swivel wheels for increased maneuverability while making tight corners
- Twin parking brakes at the back of both the rear wheels
- Designed to be used as a travel system with the Click & Go feature that allows the Motion to couple with a number of popular infant car seats, including the BOB B-Safe and the range of Britax Click & Go car seats
- Even though it isn’t an all-terrain jogger, the lockable air-filled front wheels and the suspension system makes it useable for light jogging/off-roading
- The seat does not offer a full upright position
The 2016 Revolution Flex Duallie features a unique adjustable suspension system with a front wheel that can swivel or lock straight, depending on the terrain and the pace of the stroll. Each of the two seats on the Flex Duallie can carry children weighing up to 50 lbs and the stroller itself weighs in at 33.1 lbs. Your children will like the independent canopies and they feature a peek-a-boo window each. The large air-filled tires, a brilliant suspension system, the 5-point harness and the extra-cushioned seats will keep your children safe and comfortable across all-terrain.
- All-terrain pneumatic tires on top of polymer wheels that are designed for impact resistance
- Adjustable handlebar with a maximum height of 50.5-inches, which is enough to make even the tallest parents happy
- The seat offers a fully upright position
- 5-inches isn’t really that wide for a side-by-side double. In fact, it is one of the narrowest double strollers around.
- Large UPF 50+ canopy with four settings ranging from fully extended to fully drawn back
- You will find that the storage basket is much larger than the one in the older Revolution Flex Duallie model
- Can be considered relatively lightweight for a double jogging stroller
- You can adjust the suspension system to make your baby comfortable during a particularly rough stroll, or you adjust the suspension system when strolling over smooth terrain
- The lack of a handbrake is felt while jogging downhill
- The 2016 Flex Duallie sacrifices on seat width (12.5-inch), as compared to its single seat counterpart (14.7-inch), in order to stay slim and narrow
- Finding a infant car seat adapter for the stroller can be somewhat challenging
What Would I Recommend?
As explained earlier, it depends on you, your children and your family’s needs and priorities. If you compare BOB strollers with each other, and by taking a look at our BOB stroller comparison chart, we are sure that you will be able to find the one that’s perfect for you. For example, the Motion is an awesome everyday stroller that can be used for a little bit of everything and is perfect for putting together a travel system. The 2016 Sports Utility or the 2016 Sports Utility Duallie on the other hand is the ultimate stroller for going on little adventures with your children. They can take on rocks, roots, gravel, grass, mud, snow and even slopes without jeopardizing the safety of your child. The 2016 Ironman stroller is THE stroller for athletic parents who go on jogs ritualistically and would like to take their baby with them. The Revolution SE or the 2016 Revolution Flex Duallie on the other hand, strikes a balance between extreme outdoor adventuring and casual strolling on the sidewalk.
Which one did you find to be the most useful for you?
Categorised in: Blog